Aiming to be a pioneer to delivering quality education in the field of business & economics through outcome-based education and research in relevant fields keeping in mind lead as well as serve globally.
- To uphold human values in business world through quality education.
- To provide quality graduates along with making them curious through innovative teaching, knowledge creation as well as delightful learning process at an affordable cost.
- To put together students for changing & challenging business world with up to date business knowledge.
- To produce business specialists & entrepreneurs by improving learners core competencies.
To realize our vision, we must achieve the following goals:
- To offer and acknowledge a deep perception into the understanding of commercial enterprise and its challenging surroundings.
- To broaden the talents, expert attitude, and competence required to design, execute and compare & evaluate decisions, regulations and strategies.
- To teach the ability managers who’re familiar with know-how essential for survival in today’s hastily converting and unpredictable commercial business surroundings in addition to growing the sensible talents essential to run an impartial independent business.
Message from Head of the Department
Welcome to the official website of Department of Business Administration (DBA), Rajshahi Science and Technology University (RSTU). I hope your visit to this website will allow you to know the Business Administration Department and get insights into the many advantages that the department offers virtually no matter wherever you stay. The present era is the era of business, science and technology. To keep pace with the rapid changing business world and meet the challenges of globalization in the 21st Century, the update knowledge of business, business process and business environment is essential. Department of Business Administration was Established in 2014. Department of Business Administration is offering Undergraduate (BBA) and Graduate (MBA & EMBA) programs. Our curriculum is well designed to help the students to develop knowledge as well as efficiency to become an innovative thinker and take steps for new startup business to become an entrepreneur or to pursue career in the business sector as a leader. The academic programs of this Department are conducted by highly qualified and trained academic personnel with commendable academic background. Department of Business Administration is trying to promote excellence in higher education by producing skilled manpower and enlightened citizen based on knowledge in the respective area. Each and every member of this department is trying hard to produce quality graduates in order to meet the local and international challenges through quality education which facilitate the accomplishment of its mission. The diversified academic background of teaching faculty, their research activities and the dynamic curriculum of this Department have made it one of the leading departments in RSTU. As a Chairman of this Department, I dream of producing quality and research-oriented manpower to identify and solve the existing, long term and newly arisen problems in the field of business. I strongly believe that after completing their education, the Business Administration graduates will be enlightened citizens and turn into assets for the country.
Md. Ariful Islam
BBA, MBA in Marketing (Rajshahi University)
Assistant Professor and Chairman, Department of Business Administration
Department of Business Administration, RSTU is offering Undergraduate (BBA) and Graduate (MBA & EMBA) programs.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Program Name: Bachelor of Business Administration
Total Credit of BBA Program: 141 Credit
Objectives of BBA Program:
- To produce entrepreneurs, business leaders and managers prepared with the skills of and competencies in analytical thinking, problem solving, strategic decision making, understanding and responding to market changes, and identifying and acting upon opportunities.
- To provide the state-of-the-art knowledge about the whole gamut of modern business including IT and e-commerce.
- To train students from a managerial perspective to be innovative and entrepreneurial in business/industries and human resources development.
- To produce socially responsible, morally upright and ethical entrepreneurs, business leaders and managers.
The applicant must have successfully completed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination with at least one first division either in SSC or HSC/ total score of 1050 or GPA 2.5. A minimum of 2.5 CGPA is required in both SSC and HSC. But if someone has less than 2.5, but more than 2.0, in any the total CGPA has to be equal or more than 6.00.
Minimum CGPA of 2.5 respectively in both SSC and HSC from any group, such as Humanities / Arts, Science, and Commerce. Or Successful completion of O level with any 5 subjects and A level with any 2 subjects are required. Students must have an average grade of C in Both O level and A level.
Major Fields of Specialization:
Rajshahi Science and Technology University offers six major fields of specialization for the students of BBA Program. They are as follows.
- Finance, Banking and Insurance
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
There are three (3) Streams of MBA Program. They are as follows.
- Regular MBA (63 Credit)
- Executive MBA (48 Credit)
- MBA For BBA Graduates (39 Credit)
Objectives of MBA program:
- Equip promising young students (potential future executives) and working professionals with updated knowledge and skills of business administration.
- Enhance the abilities of critical thinking, identifying business opportunities and resolving managerial problems.
- Improve learners core competencies, so that, they can contribute progressively towards increased productivity and accomplish organizational goals in an increasingly competitive global economy.
Admission to the MBA program is selective. To apply for admission students must meet the following requirements:
- i) MBA (Regular) 64 credits – Successful completion of three years honors or four years bachelor degree with CGPA 3 or better in the scale of 1-4.
- ii) MBA (Executive) 48 credits -Successful completion of a Bachelor degree in second division with minimum three years job experience at the executive level.
iii) MBA (For BBA Graduates) 36 credits – Successful completion of BBA with CGPA of 2.5 or more out of 4.
Major Fields of Specialization:
Rajshahi Science and Technology University offers eight major fields of specialization for the students of MBA and EMBA Program. They are as follows.
- Marketing Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Bank Management
- Capital Market and Securities
- Insurance Management
- Information Technology for Business
- Operations Management