Admission Circular for International Students into Undergraduate and Post Graduate Programs
Rajshahi Science and Technology University (RSTU) is inviting applications from international students for admission into different undergraduate/post-graduate programs. RSTU acknowledges diversity and appreciates the importance of internationalization. It welcomes international students to apply to different undergraduate/post-graduate programs at different schools.
Schools, Disciplines and Programs
Bachelor and Masters Programs
School of Science & Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) Discipline
Bachelor Science in Computer Science & Engineering
Civil Engineering (CE) Discipline
Bachelor Science in Civil Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) Discipline
Bachelor Science in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
School of Business
Accounting, Marketing, Management, Finance & Banking, HRM
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
School of Liberal Arts and Social Science
Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) in Economics
Bachelor of Social Science (Hons.) in Sociology
Bachelor of Social Science (Hons.) in Journalism
Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in English
Master of Arts (Hons.) in English
Bachelor of Laws
Master of Laws
Academic Requirements for Admission
i. Minimum GPA of 3.5 in a scale of 5.0/ 3.0 in scale of 4.0 or its equivalent score in Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), respectively or its equivalent examination.
ii. Applicants passing the GCSE “O” level and GCSE “A” level need to have minimum “B” grades in three subjects and “C” grades in two subjects out of five subjects (A=5, B=4, C=3 & D=2). Subjects with E grade will not be considered.
iii. Applicants who have completed higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) under a system different from O/A-Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) or equivalent will be considered.
iv. Applicants with a break of study of more than two years are discouraged to apply for admission.
v. Applicants wishing to apply for admission into School of Science & Engineering need to have Science in both GCSE “O” level and GCSE “A” level or equivalent.
vi. Applicants who passed their secondary school and higher secondary or equivalent examination from foreign education boards/ both GCSE “O” and GCSE “A” levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) or its equivalent in a country other than Bangladesh will be deemed as “international” students.
Application Procedure: Both paper and online applications are accepted. In the case of online based application, you need to scan and save all your supporting documents as a single PDF file and then attach them directly to the email address as provided below. You must upload your documents on or before the application submission deadline for the program which you are applying for. 1. Download Application Form from the website (https://rstu.edu.bd).
2. Fill in the Application Form.
3. Scan the filled-in the Application Form and other necessary documents.
4. Make a single PDF file which will consist of the supporting documents including the application form.
5. Email the PDF file to [email protected]
6. In case of paper-based application, send the entire application package to the Director, International Student Affairs, Rajshahi Science and Technology University, Natore 6400, Bangladesh.
When applying to Rajshahi Science and Technology University, you are required to declare in your application all academic degrees along with the institutions attended. In addition to the completed degrees, programs that are currently in progress, incomplete studies, discontinued studies, failed courses, transfer credit courses, and online courses must be declared, whether you think they are relevant to the program you are applying to, or not.
1. All academic certificates and transcripts.
2. A 55×45 mm sized good quality recent photograph. Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth close.
3. Scanned copy or certified photocopy of passport.
4. A testimonial/ letter of reference from the applicant’s last academic institution.
Note: All documents submitted to RSTU become the property of the University and will not be released or copied except for purpose of internal uses to RST University. Documents will not be returned to the applicant.
1. The documents and required qualifications of the candidates will be evaluated by the Office of the International Student Affairs. Applicants will be notified regarding the decision on their application within 15 days of application deadline.
2. After selection an offer letter will be sent to the applicant.
3. The selected applicant must be physically present during the time of admission and registration. The selected applicant must submit his/her original documents to the International Affairs of Rajshahi Science and Technology University within the deadline set by the university.
4. The applicant must pay the tuition fees and other charges before his/her admission.
Note: The University reserves the right to:
1. request additional information to verify an application
2. terminate a student’s registration if he/she if found at a later stage to have submitted a fraudulent application to the University.
3. withdraw the application/registration if it is proven, or if the University has reasonable belief that the information is false, or the applicant/student refuses to provide the requested information.
4. put the application process on hold while investigating the alleged fraudulent application.
1. Application Deadline:
2. Notification of Admission:
3. Last Date of Enrolment: Date will be notified on the website.
4. Class Start Date: Date will be notified on the website.
Tuition and Other Fees
1. Student from SAARC countries ~same as domestic students in each term. 2. Student from all other countries ~ same as domestic students in each term.
3. Admission fee ~ USD.
4. Registration fee ~ same as the domestic students (to be decided by each discipline). 5. Accommodation charge ~ USD annually (e.g., 800 USD for 4-year bachelor program).
6. Other charges ~ same as the domestic students (to be decided by each discipline and school).
If you have any query, please do not hesitate to contact us. For any inquiry regarding international admission, please email to [email protected]
Postal address: Director, International Student Affairs, Rajshahi Science and Technology University, Natore 6400, Bangladesh.
Note: Rajshahi Science and Technology University authority reserves all rights to modify the rules and regulations pertaining to undergraduate and postgraduate admission.